Every state across our great nation has some weird laws, but North Carolina probably takes the cake for craziest laws. Check out our list of the 16 craziest state laws.
- Alcoholic happy hours are illegal. Food happy hours are OK.
- A man and a woman are considered to be legally wed if they go to a hotel and register themselves as married.
- Driving on sidewalks is considered illegal.
- Elephants can not be used to plow cotton fields.
- Going to a cemetery, or visiting the dead after midnight is against the law.
- In Forest City, you are required to call Town Hall prior to entering a city in a car.
- It’s illegal to collect your own reward money.
- It’s illegal to sing off key.
- It is against the law for a bingo game to last more than five hours and and alcohol is not allowed.
- It is against the law to Rollerblade in the sun.
- It is against the law to Rollerblade on the highway.
- It is considered a felony to steal more than $1000 worth of grease.
- It is illegal to practice as a professional fortune teller or psychic, although amateurs are legal.
- Organizational meetings can not be conducted if members present are wearing a costume.
- Prior to obtaining its own lottery, it was against the law to be in possession of any type of lottery ticket. It came with fine of $2000.
- You can great a DWI on a horse.
So if you happen to find yourself in trouble for violating one of these crazy laws in Raleigh, NC, be sure to contact C.L. Collins Bail Bonding at .